Monday 2 June 2008

Bold as brass


I've been meaning to start working with brass for a while now, and I finally got my big order of beautiful brass findings last week!

I've added some lovely things to my shop with brass earwires, chain and little hammered discs, I love how each piece of brass is slightly different in the way that it is antiqued so that each piece looks a little bit different. I even experimented with antiquing it quickly, with a small amount of vinegar - its amazing how quickly it will antique to a lovely burnished vintage style look.

I am also going to be listing a gorgeous brass necklace in the next week or so (pending arrival of more beautiful brass chain) which is a round circle of brass with little freshwater pearls wired around the edge. This has also made me think about starting a bridal collection, or just a few bridal pieces, using lovely pearls and sterling silver.

I am also gearing up for the We Make craft fair which is on the 22nd June at Dragon Hall, Covent Garden, London. So I have lots of things made already, which I have squirelled away for the fair. Although I am also dying to list them a bit too!

Pin It

1 comment: