Thursday 4 February 2010

Avocado & Feta Cous Cous with Creme Fraiche Dressing

I'm not much of a lunch person. I never have the time to plan it properly and when the only thing you have access to at work is a sandwich toaster and a microwave.

I like lunch when there is time to plan, or when lunch is really just an early dinner.

I made this cous cous last week, and it was something that came together so easily, lots of little treats in the fridge all waiting to be eaten, and all going together so well.



This feels like it is healthy (you know because its green and it cous cous) but I think the health benefits are questionable. But its light, delicious and just about one of your 5 a day (not that I'm ever counting).

Avocado & Feta Cous Cous with a Creme Fraiche dressing
feeds one, easily doubled

Ingredients:
50g cous cous
boiling water
olive oil
1/2 avocado sliced
feta cheese

for the dressing:
2 tbs creme fraiche
half a lime
chili flakes or tabasco sauce
black pepper

First of all make up your cous cous. Use enough boiling water to just cover the cous cous in a bowl, add in a drop of olive oil, stir and cover with a plate whilst you prepare the other ingredients.

Mix all the dressing ingredients together so you have a dressing about the consistency of double cream. Add lime and chili to your taste.

Once the cous cous is done, season with salt and pepper, fluffy with a fork.
Crumble in your feta, stir in your avocado gently and then top with the dressing and a little black pepper.

I had this warm and I thought it was just lovely, if you were to serve it cold I would suggest waiting for the cous cous to completely cool before adding in the rest of the ingredients. Add extra lime to keep your avocado green!

Serve with a wedge of lime.
I think this would be a great side dish with some grilled fish or chicken too.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment