Wednesday 13 July 2011

Summer Fruit Drizzle Cake


It hasn't been all bad on the eating front lately.
It was the husbands birthday yesterday so on Monday I baked up this lovely cake, the recipe is in this months BBC Good Food magazine. I love the idea of sweet berries mixed in with lemon and sugar, very decadent but also feels healthy. The cake is studded with fruit inside too.

If you do make it I have a tip! The recipe says to chuck everything (minus berries) in the bowl and whisk, Don't do this! You will end up with mix EVERYWHERE. I would use the normal cake method of creaming sugar and butter and then adding the rest, unless you have a food processor or a stand mixer.

I think I will be trying this again with different fruits, maybe peaches and raspberries.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment