Wednesday 20 June 2012

San Crispino Gelato, Rome

I've decided to blog on the go from Rome, using the blogger app which I hope will work ok. This also means I'll write all the details down when I still remember them!

Today, our second day in Rome, we visited the San Crispino gelateria near to the Trevi Fountain. Written about in all the guidebooks I've read and several blogs.

From the picture you can see it is pretty hard to tell it is a gelateria, we walked past it trying to find it. It is on a small street, it definitely pays to walk a few streets away from the main attraction to get better food

I chose the hazelnut meringue and the honey gelato flavour, whilst mr went for the pistachio and the caramel meringue. Four euros for two scoops which is pretty dear but it was excellent, especially the meringue flavours.

There was a sign up saying if you fly from Fiumicino airport you can buy tubs to take back, in special containers to prevent melting. Shame we are going from Ciampino!

We're going to try Giolitti later in the week which I think is just one shop rather than a small chain like San Crispino. Our host tells us Michelle Obama is also a fan. ;)

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hazelnut meringue and caramel meringue both sound amazing flavours for ice cream - yum!

    ReplyDelete