Saturday 2 March 2013

Foodie Snippets This Week - mac & cheese, free Yorkshire tea and fame at last!

A new feature that I hope to keep up on my blog, I instagram a lot (too much) and there are lots of little foodie goings on that happen during the week that don't make it here, so here are snippets from my week!

Saturday started off with meeting up with some lovely local bloggers for #WritingWithTea at Greens Coffee in Cambourne. We did a lot of chatting and catching up but not so much writing in the end, but it was great to meet some new people and also catch up with some old friends. This cinnamon cappuccino was so warming and perfect for a snow day. 



Mac and cheese. Sometimes you need cheese and pasta. Not to bang on about the weather but when is it going to get warmer? I haven't been warm for quite some time, and I can't carry on eating so much cheese! This was dinner and then leftovers for lunch, and I added a bit of chilli for even more comfort on a cold day.


Vanilla porridge with some homemade granola (blog coming soon), local honey and a banana. Getting back to eating healthier, and I needed some central heating (anyone else remember those ReadyBrek ads?)

Waitrose now sell Burrata! This is my first time trying Burrata, and whilst it would be great to get it from a proper cheesemonger this Waitrose version was really nice. We had it with fresh bread and really good olive oil. The next day we used up the leftovers to have alongside an aubergine parmigiana.

It's nearly my birthday! Yorkshire Tea sent me a birthday card and a free sample of Yorkshire Gold - a lovely thing to get in the post, and from a professional point of view - awesome marketing! I'll be enjoying a cup of this with my birthday breakfast on Tuesday.


And last but not least, I am in a magazine! I was interviewed for Cambridgeshire Journal back in November and their lovely photographer visited me before Christmas to take pictures of me, my beads and my studio. Although I am always mortified to see my face on anything, I'm really pleased about the interview and I think it is a bit great. You can read the interview here and if you're local you'll find the journal in lots of spots around town.


Next week it is my birthday and also Eat Cambridge - Cambridge's first food festival. On my birthday we are visiting the legendary Fortnum and Mason's for tea and pastries and then on to the more recently legendary Duck & Waffle for dinner, I cannot wait. I'll also be enjoying a Pie & Mash Night at 12a Club next week (as part of Eat Cambridge) along with the the Eat Cambridge Food Market on the 9th, plus we are also hosting a cake club on the 9th too - big week for food! 


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment